Club Heights Elementary Parent-School Learning Pledge
I want my child to achieve therefore I will:
Make certain my child attends school regularly and is on time.
See that my child is well-rested and has breakfast each day.
Set aside a specific time and place for homework, assisting as necessary.
Attend at least two conferences and communicate regularly with my child's teacher to ensure his/her academic success.
Support the school and staff in maintaining proper discipline.
Read with my child and let him/her see me read regularly.
Encourage a positive attitude towards school.
Volunteer in my child's classroom as appropriate.
Review information and work sent home and respond as necessary.
I understand that my education is very important to my future. Therefore I will:
· Attend school regularly and be on time.
· Complete assignments and homework.
· Bring homework and supplies to school each day.
· Work to the best of my ability.
· Work cooperatively with classmates, teachers and staff.
· Respect myself, other people, and my school.
· Follow all school rules.
· Accept responsibility for my own actions.
I am committed to creating a school that knows no limits to the academic success of each student. Therefore I will:
Hold high expectations for all students, believing that all students can learn.
Provide high-quality, research-based, explicit instruction in a supportive and non-threatening environment.
Provide opportunities for parents to assist in the classroom in meaningful ways and to observe classroom activities.
Meet the individual learning needs of each child.
Treat students, parents, and colleagues with courtesy and respect.
Collaborate regularly with colleagues
Communicate regularly with my students and their families through conferences, notes, phone calls, etc.
Do whatever it takes – go the extra mile – to ensure that every student achieves high levels of success in academics and citizenship
I am also committed to creating and supporting a school that knows no limit to the academic and behavioral success of each student. Therefore I will:
· Provide an equitable learning environment for all children.
· Encourage the staff to provide parents with information about the total school program.
· Encourage our staff to provide avenues for positive and meaningful parent involvement.